Friday, January 24, 2014

Grateful Friday

I have been reading a great blog Gala Darling for a few years, since I found this beautifully written blog during my final year of my Bachelor's Degree.

Gala writes a blog about things that she is grateful for every week.
Gratitude is a beautiful attitude and for me, is a beauty of humanity.

“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” (Brian Tracy)
Last Saturday, after quite a long time that I had not been to my home, I went home. My home, a place that I grew up. A very simply-built shop with bedrooms and living room behind a tyre shop. A house built by my father and my uncle themselves, brick by brick, wood by wood. This house is the place all of us sleep, eat and study. A place that every visitor, especially my own relatives, my uncle's family, every one of them wonder:" How could they stay in this house, study and get straight A's in all the national exams?"

The minute I stepped home, my father was there, having lunch by the dining table. He was amazed by my appearance. It was clearly my mom didn't inform him that I would be back. I actually liked that look. He was amazed but happy. I have always prayed for my family. I couldn't risk losing them, all of them. I know sometimes I was being ignorant, being occupied by my own routines, but I am really thankful to both my parents, especially my mother. I am truly blessed for having them in my life. I pray for their safety, health and happiness everyday in their lives. I am grateful for having them. Thinking of them, the tears are always going to run down my cheek. trust me, I have tried to control, but the emotions are overload.

Somehow, the biggest festival of all, the Chinese New Year is only next week. Part of me doesn't want it to come so soon, because the sooner it comes, the sooner it goes. And the coming of Chinese New Year marks another year older of my parents. Of my self too for sure. Anyway, time still passes and there's no way we can stop it. We can only appreciate every moment. I hope this year, each of us, my family is going to have full load of joy, laughters, happiness and above all, have a healthy, safe and prosperous new year.

Secondly, I am grateful to have the presence of another person, Mudher in my life. I have never offically talked about him here, or to my friends. I love him, I really love him very much. I know things between us are complicated. He is in Iraq now. And yeah, we are not only different by nationality, we are different in religion and age. Being thousand miles apart. I just want him to know, that I love him so much and I will always love him, everyday and every moment in my life. We are already being more than 7 months apart. The love for him never get any less, but it only gets more. I'm truly grateful for having him. I'm looking forward for our future together. I know it's not going to get any easier, but we will get through everything together. Thank God for the love and fate between us. He is a blessing (blushed).
 

I wish all of the people I know, my beloved friends and family, a blessed and prosperous New Year full of joy, happiness and fun. Most importantly, Have a safe journey home and be safe on the road.
A little reminder to myself too, don't overspend on shopping =P
Have fun, everyone.


Write again soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment